Grandma silver / gray hair color ideas: smoky gray hair – love hair – #grey #hair #hair color #ideas #loving
Wedding And Bridal Shower Favors From Wooden Spoons
Both wedding favors from wooden spoons and bridal shower favors from wooden spoons offer a variety of possibilities.
Wedding Favors from Wooden Spoons
Wedding favors from wooden spoons is a reversal on the very old Scottish and Welsh tradition of giving the bride a wooden spoon. This tradition was based on the idea that the wooden spoon was the most useful utensil in the kitchen. Giving wooden spoons to the bride would help her cook for her new husband, and later their family.
Wedding favors from wooden spoons give the spoons to guests rather than to the new bride, sometimes using them to hold place cards. We offer 7 cheap ideas below.
Bridal Shower Favors from Wooden Spoons
Bridal shower favors from wooden spoons are handled similarly – the wooden spoons are given to the guests instead of to the bride-to-be.
Bridal shower favors from wooden spoons can be made quickly and cheaply. Try the 7 ideas below.
Ideas for Favors from Wooden Spoons
The price of conventional wooden spoons may quickly break your budget for bridal shower favors or wedding favors. You can get cheap wooden spoons at an online site offering craft supplies. Look for kitchen miniatures. We found 12″ long spoons at less than $0.60 each. For smaller bridal shower favors or wedding favors, we also found 4.75″ wooden spoons at less than $0.50 each.
1. Place a few pieces of candy in the bowl of the wooden spoon. Wrap the bowl portion with tulle to fit your wedding color scheme. Tie a satin ribbon bow just above the spoon’s bowl. This makes good bridal shower favors or wedding favors.
2. For bridal shower favors or wedding favors, print out the new bride’s favorite recipe on small cards. On the reverse side, print a line for guests’ names. Beneath it, explain briefly the wooden spoon tradition. Punch 2 holes at the top of each card. Run a ribbon through the holes and tie the card to the handle of the wooden spoon.
3. Combine small wooden spoons with packets of coffee, loose tea, soup mix, or bath salts for unique wedding or bridal shower favors. Tie ribbon around the two, add a tag, and you’re done!
4. Purchase mini jars of jam or honey. Tie a small wooden spoon to the neck of the jar, with a place card, for quick wedding or bridal shower favors.
5. Whimsical bridal shower favors or wedding favors can be made with small wooden spoons dressed as brides and grooms. Paint “bride” spoons white and glue a skirt of white tulle to the handle just below the bowl. On the bowl, glue tiny wiggle eyes, pom-pom noses, and a small yarn mouth. Add a second bit of tulle to the bowl top for a veil. Tie a bow where the handle meets the bowl. Paint “groom” spoons black, and proceed in the same way, using black cloth in place of tulle to fashion a “tux” and hat.
6. Simple wedding and bridal shower favors from wooden spoons can be prepared quickly beginning with the small size wooden spoons from craft supply stores. Print out pretty cards that say “Love without Measure.” Use the reverse side for placecards, if desired. Or print the bridal couple’s names and the date on the reverse side. Tie the cards to the spoon necks with ribbon.
7. Bridal shower favors and wedding favors from wooden spoons can be patterned after Welsh lovespoons. Lovespoons can be purchased online, but only by those who have a large budget for favors. Create your own wedding of bridal shower favors from wooden spoons by purchasing a quantity of 4.75″ wooden spoons. Purchase painted wooden cutouts, available in shapes of hearts, arrows, doves, etc. Glue the wooden cutouts securely to handle or bowl of wooden spoon. Tie with a ribbon and tag.
Bridal Party Ideas
Bridal shower favors and wedding favors are not the only uses for the wooden spoon. Present each member of the bridal party, as well as the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom with their own “lucky” wooden spoons. Use larger wooden spoons for these gifts than for bridal shower favors. Cover each spoon with satin in the color of the bride’s gown. Glue braid with tiny pearls down the length of the handle. Glue lace around the edge of the spoon’s bowl. Glue a loop of blue ribbon at the end of the handle so the spoon can be hung. For an even more memorable spoon, glue a tiny bride and groom or double wedding bells to the satin bowl of the spoon. Find them at craft supplies sites.